Re: Testers Wanted - New UML modeling package

Thankyou!
Now I know how to pass an environment variable, and change the target!
MAKE_ENV+=..... BUILD_TARGET=.....

I altered the package Makefile and patch-aa file accordingly. I continue to use

BUILD_DEPENDS+= qt3-tools-3*:../../x11/qt3-tools

instead of the .include because "Part II. The pkgsrc developer's guide", "Chapter 9. Creating a new pkgsrc package from scratch", the last line of paragraph 4, says, "If the dependency is only needed for building the package, but not when using it, use |BUILD_DEPENDS| instead of |DEPENDS|."

The QT3 tool, qmake, is only required during the build of bouml, so I used the BUILD_DEPENDS line. Please let me know if the paragraph 4 rule I cited above, only applies when the "buildlink3.mk" file is missing. If the paragraph 4 rule applies only when "buildlink.mk" is missing, then I should not use BUILD_DEPENDS and instead do as you suggested, use the .include. Please let me know.

Thanks for you help!

Kenneth