cross compile...

I have a (1Ghz i386) box with a cflash for a hard drive. I've
used nfs to mount the entire filesystem on a much faster (amd64)
computer with regular disks.

I'm able to cross-compile and install world (netbsd) on the cflash
computer from the amd64, over nfs, works great. But it's not clear
how to build packages on the amd64 and install them over nfs on
the i386.

My sense is that I can do it by setting various parameters and
env; but the method is not described in pkgsrc.txt, that I can
see. How difficult is this to setup? How is it done?

Presently I'm nfs mounting a pkgsrc checkout from the amd64
(with a regular disk) and doing the make install on the 1Ghz
i386. Simple, slow, but works. I'm about to do a Q2 to 2006Q3
update. Will cross compile be easier in Q3?

// George