Re: mplayer & qt?

César Catrián Carreño wrote:
On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 18:00:24 +0200
Rhialto <rhialto%falu.nl@localhost> wrote:

On Sat 16 Sep 2006 at 22:51:13 +0200, Juan RP wrote:

cd multimedia/mplayer && make PKG_OPTIONS.mplayer=-arts

I have that "-arts" in my global option (in /etc/mk.conf):

PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS += -arts

and I would argue that it should be turned off by default, since it is
far too heavy-weight.

Those default options should be defined all needed for the meta-pkgs, and
none for the standalone packages...

That won't work. The package options are not supposed to change during a complete system build. At least in our bulk builds, this is the way we go.

In your case, you would build an mplayer without the "arts" option, but when it comes to building meta-pkgs/kde3 with the "arts" option, that package will assume that this option has been enabled all the time.

Roland