Re: mplayer & qt?

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 11:51:21PM +0200, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> On 9/18/06, Martin S. Weber <Ephaeton%gmx.net@localhost> wrote:
> >(...)
> >i) binary only users do not build ANYTHING. [argument = void.]
>
> But somebody has to provide them with those binary packages.  And that
> is us.  And that happens with the DEFAULT OPTIONS.  And this is why
> the DEFAULT PACKAGES need to be as useful as possible.

That makes sense.

That is why ruby-base includes "-tk".

That is why ocaml is built with "--enable-tk" and "--enable_x11".

That will also explain how fvwm includes all its gnome, bidi, rplay
and stroke library.

It becomes obvious why tcl is built without threads.

Surely gimp is built without python and perl support to be as useful
as possible.

...oh that is why xmms is built with "--enable-esd" and there is
no "xmms-esound" package.

Fine. I am no committer. I do have an own oppinion. Go blame me.
I'll shut up right now.

-Martin