Re: net/libupnp requires gethostbyname_r

Hi,

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 20:10:00 -0400, David W. Talmage wrote:
> Does NetBSD have gethostbyname_r?  I'm getting linking errors using
> libupnp.so:
>
> /usr/pkg/lib/libupnp.so: undefined reference to `gethostbyname_r'
>
> It's not mentioned in libupnp.so.  nm shows it as undefined in libupnp.a

I sent mail to rh@ immediate after importing it and discussed.

There are three issue:

1. ftime(3) issue
  This library use `ftime(3)', but on *BSD, this function exist in libcompat,
  so tell libtool(*.la) and pkg-config(*.pc) files to link to libcompat.

2. gethostbyname_r issue
  This library use glibc like gethostbyname_r, so on other platforms that
  have imcompatible version or no such function, fail to link.

3. sched_* issue
  This library use sched_* functions, but at least NetBSD 3
  those function always return `false', so this library
  will fail to intialize.

I aleady commit to pkgsrc-wip that fix those issue and update to 1.4.1.
But no plan to import into pkgsrc main tree yet.

--
"Of course I love NetBSD":-)
OBATA Akio / obata%lins.jp@localhost