Re: Printing from openoffice2-bin with CUPS does not work

On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 12:00:14 +0200, Hernani Marques Madeira
<hernani%vecirex.net@localhost> wrote:

> Hello ppl
>
> Any attempt to print from openoffice2-bin quits with an error box claiming:
>
> [snip]
> Could not start printer.
> Please check your printer configuration.
> [/snip]
>
> Any other app is able to do so and I symlinked the commands lp, lpr, lprm and
> lpq in /usr/bin/ (LPD) to those in /usr/pkg/bin (CUPS).
>
> So, the problem should not be that the commands from the wrong printing system
> are being invoked.
>
> I'm working with NetBSD v3.0.1.

I do not see this problem, using the same versions of NetBSD and
OpenOffice. It's more likely something to do with linux emulation -- try
hard-linking /emul/linux/usr/bin/lpr to /usr/pkg/bin/lpr.