Re: OpenOffice 2

On Tuesday 29 August 2006 23:24, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> Very strange.  Which suse version are you using?  (For the record, I do
> not have any such symbolic links; my emulated libpthread is in emulated /
> only.)

phoenix2[3]$ pkg_info | grep suse
suse_base-10.0nb2   Linux compatibility package
suse_compat-10.0nb1 Linux compatibility package with old shared libraries
suse_x11-10.0nb2    Linux compatibility package for X11 binaries
suse_freetype2-10.0nb2 Linux compatibility package for FreeType2 library

And I now found the real problem ... /lib has to be before /usr/lib in
the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.   That is strange ... OK, no
need to change any package ... except possibly a note someplace about /lib
needing to be before /usr/lib.

Thanks!

--Phil

--