parallel/sge 6.x

I'm discussing adopting parallel/sge for $WORK and
was wondering if anyone else is in need of a 6.x
version or using a non-committed pkgsrc method?

from 2006Q2 parallel/sge:

DISTNAME=               sge-5.3p6
MAINTAINER=             pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
HOMEPAGE=               http://gridengine.sunsource.net/
COMMENT=                Sun Grid Engine distributed resource management system

There is a FreeBSD port of 6.x, between that and
the 5.x in 2006Q2, I don't think it will be too
difficult. Is the next step making something for
pkgsrc-wip or should I submit patches to a pkgsrc
commiter? Would there be a pkgsrc mentor available?

// George