Re: mplayer optimizations?

Juan RP wrote:
>>    This is depressing:
[---]
>> MPlayer 1.0pre8-3.3.3 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
>> CPU: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3100+ (Family: 15, Model: 44, Stepping: 2)
>> MMX supported but disabled
>> MMX2 supported but disabled
>> SSE supported but disabled
>> SSE2 supported but disabled
>> 3DNow supported but disabled
>> 3DNowExt supported but disabled
>> CPUflags:  MMX: 0 MMX2: 0 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 0 SSE2: 0
>> Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions:
[---]
> PKG_OPTIONS.mplayer=-mplayer-runtime-cpudetection

   Ok, stuipd me.. I should have mentioned that I run pkgsrc-current on
NetBSD/amd64 3.0.

# make show-options

   ..produces:

---------------------------
Any of the following general options may be selected:
        aalib    Enable aalib support.
        arts     Use the aRts audio daemon.
        cdparanoia       Use cdparanoia to rip CDDA media.
        dts      Enable DTS Coherent Acoustics support.
        dv       Enable usage of the libdv library.
        dvdread  Enable reproduction of DVDs.
        esound   Enable support for the Enlightment Sound Daemon.
        ggi      Enable GGI support.
        gif      Enable GIF support.
        jpeg     Enable JPEG support.
        mad      Enable usage of the mad library to play MP3 files.
        mplayer-menu     Enable support for user-defined menus.
        nas      Enable usage of the Network Audio System.
        oss      Enable support for the Open Sound System audio library.
        png      Enable PNG support.
        sdl      Use SDL as display library.
        theora   Use the theora codecs.
        vorbis   Enable Ogg Vorbis support.
At most one of the following faadgroup options may be selected:
        faad     Enable AAC decoding support using faad2.
        mplayer-internal-faad
[---]

   So the CPU runtime detection does not seem to be supported (even
though it should?).

   Adding -mplayer-runtime-cpudetection obviously only resulted in a
message about the flag not being supported.

--
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson