Re: debugging pkgsrc on Solaris

On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 11:05:07PM +0100, Raymond Meyer wrote:
> both /usr/bin/ksh and /usr/xpg4/bin/sh result in the same error described
> above
> only when
> ln -s /usr/bin/bash sh
> the error goes away

one option might be to replace /bin/sh with (something like):
#! /bin/ksh
[ -n "$ECHOARGS" ] && echo args: "$@" >>/tmp/arglist
exec /bin/ "$@"

Although doing that with 'sh' might generate more output than you want!
I also remember someone finding a script that accidentally did a bash-specific
variable substitution.

running under 'truss -eaf -vall -wall -rall' (if I remember the args)
might generate somthing in the GB of trace.

David Laight: