mysql[45]-server error during the "build" phase on FreeBSD 6.1 amd64

mysql[45]-client builds and installs just fine, but the -server pkg fails for both versions 4 and 5. A copy of "work/.work.log " can be found at:
http://yds.CoolRat.org/pkgsrc/mysql5-server.log
and bmake 2>&1 output can be found at:
http://yds.CoolRat.org/pkgsrc/mysql5-server.out

Any clue as to what to try next would be helpful. Looking at what they have in FreeBSD ports I notice they test ${OSVERSION} and make adjustments based on the value. I can try to pull in some of that.

Problem is that FreeBSD/ports ${OSVERSION} is not the same as pkgsrc ${OS_VERSION}. In FreeBSD/ports ${OSREL} is roughly analogous to pkgsrc ${OS_VERSION}. While FreeBSD/ports ${OSVERSION} is populated with the values described in:
http://www.FreeBSD.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/freebsd-versions.html

I posted a seperate email to <tech-pkg%NetBSD.org@localhost> with some thoughts about ${OS_VERSION} not being precise enough for fine tuning mysql[45]-server the way FreeBSD/ports does it.

But that might not even be the issue here. I do like pkgsrc as compared to FreeBSD/ports. Thing is I do need to get mysql5-server working on this FreeBSD 6.1 amd64 box and get it out into production. I would hate to go back to using ports out of desperation. HELP?

--
Yarema
http://yds.CoolRat.org