Re: How about importing newer bmake?

On Tue, 30 May 2006 18:30:26 +0200, joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost wrote:
> I can't run a full bootstrap with ".error broken" in
> /usr/share/mk/sys.mk, because the system make as used by bootstrap would
> not work.

Hmm, how about:
env MAKESYSPATH=/usr/pkg/share/mk:/usr/share/mk bmake test
Is it also works fine?

> I asked *two* questions.
> (a) Is the _PATH_DEFSYSPATH embedded into bmake correct?

Yes, if not define MAKESYSPATH, works well.

> (b) *When* is /usr/share/mk/sys.mk accessed by bmake?

When start up bmake, first, try to read sys.mk.
By default, try to ${_PATH_DEFSYSPATH}/sys.mk.
But when MAKESYSPATH is defined, for example,
MAKESYSPATH=/usr/pkg/share/mk:/usr/share/mk
then first, try to read /usr/pkg/share/mk/sys.mk,
second, try to read /usr/share/mk/sys.mk
even if it already read /usr/pkg/share/mk/sys.mk.

--
"Of course I love NetBSD":-)
OBATA Akio / obata%lins.jp@localhost