Re: How about importing newer bmake?

On Tue, 30 May 2006 12:54:14 +0200, joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost wrote:
> As I said before, bootstrap/bootstrap explicitly calls boot-strap with
> --with-default-sys-path. Instead of requesting the update please find
> out why your platform is ignoring htat.

Because in devel/bmake/files/makefile.boot.in:
MK=${prefix}/share/mk
MKSRC=@mksrc@
DEFAULT_MAKESYSPATH=/usr/share/mk:/usr/local/share/mk:/opt/share/mk
BMAKE_ENV= CC="$(CC)" LIBC= MAKEFLAGS=
MAKESYSPATH=`pwd`/mk:${MKSRC}:${MK}:${DEFAULT_MAKESYSPATH}
bootstrap:      bmake.boot .mk.done
        ${BMAKE_ENV} ./bmake.boot -f Makefile
        ${BMAKE_ENV} `pwd`/bmake -f Makefile test
i.e. All platform ignore --with-default-sys-path .
Interix have incompatible sys.mk in /usr/share/mk, so failed to `build'.
FreeBSD, MacOS have incompatible bsd.obj.mk, so failed to `test'.
Other platform, have no such files, or have compatible files, luckily succeed.

I don't know why need `DEFAULT_MAKESYSPATH' defininsion.
If some platform need such a definision, only those platform should define that,
I think.
But If keep such a definision for ALL platform, only solution is
update bmake so that only first *.mk file will be read in MAKESYSPATH, isn't it?

--
"Of course I love NetBSD":-)
OBATA Akio / obata%lins.jp@localhost