GNOME screensaver hangs

Hi,

In GNOME, you go to the screensaver options window, things work fine.
You can click on the idle timeout etc, no problems. However, you
choose any one of the screensavers, and then the program freezes. No
response nothing. You can move the mouse and open other windows -- but
the screensaver options window is hung.

Similarly, once the screensaver starts, then there's no way to get
back into your system (unless you do a ctrl+alt+bkspc). You X is
simply a blank screen.

I don't have the x-screensaver package installed; so I dont think its
any conflict with that. I even tried adding the x-screensaver package
to see if that helps gnome-screensaver somehow -- but nopes, no use.
Anybody else having a similar problem?

Thanks,
Rakhesh

--
        NetBSD/i386 3.0 | Toshiba Satellite L10-102
        http://news.gmane.org/index.php?prefix=gmane.os.netbsd (archives)