Re: Automatic packages maintenance

Asmodehn wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am looking for advises...

I am planning to write some script to automate the
maintenance of packages on a machine. The goal is to have
always the latest version of packages installed if possible,
otherwise fallback to the last stable version. I am using
pkg_chk, and therefore I have a list of the packages I want
to have and maintain on my machine in a pkgchk.conf

I've been using pkgmanager (1) for some weeks now, and like it a lot. I don't think it does everything on your list but maybe it could be a starting point for you.

(1) http://www.scode.org/pkgmanager/