Cannot install pkgs that want to create a user/group

I installed NetBSD 3.0 on my new i386-Laptop and I checked out 2006Q1
to install pkgs. I already compiled a bunch of programs, including
XFCE, Acrobat and Gimp, however, I cannot compile and install
programms that want to create a user. I need Apache, PostgreSQL and
Amanda and each failed with a error msg I cannot interpret.

Here is the end of an Apache-built:

===> Installing for apache-1.3.34nb6^M
Creating group: www^M
Creating user: www^M
useradd: Warning: home directory `/nonexistent' doesn't exist, and -m
was not specified^M
===========================================================================^M
The following groups need to be created for apache-1.3.34nb6:^M
^M
    www^M
        ^M

===========================================================================^M
        *** Error code 1^M
        ^M
        Stop.^M
        make: stopped in /mnt/export/pkgsrc/pkgsrc/www/apache^M
        *** Error code 1^M
        ^M
        Stop.^M
        make: stopped in /mnt/export/pkgsrc/pkgsrc/www/apache^M
        *** Error code 1^M
        ^M
        Stop.^M
        make: stopped in /mnt/export/pkgsrc/pkgsrc/www/apache^M
        *** Error code 1^M
        ^M
        Stop.^M
        make: stopped in /mnt/export/pkgsrc/pkgsrc/www/apache^M

The whole typescript can be found at
http://www-e.uni-magdeburg.de/steschum/typescript.bz2

PostgreSQL[1] and Amanda fail the same way. Someone in the IRC suggested
PAM as the reason for failing, is that reasonable?

[1] PG loosk for /usr/pkg/pgsql that doesn't exist. Creating it
doesn't solve the problem.
--
PGP FPR: CF74 D5F2 4871 3E5C FFFE 0130 11F4 C41E B3FB AE33