Re: multimedia/mpeg4ip won't compile

On Mon, 8 May 2006, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> > +USE_LANGUAGES=             c c++

> That works; thanks.
>
> What is that variable and when was it introduced?  I see no mention of it
> in pkgsrc.txt or packages(7).  What does it do?

It is documented in mk/compiler.mk (but also needs to be in pkgsrc Guide).

USE_LANGUAGES has been around since February 2004.

Packages that don't need any compilers can set this variable to an empty
value. Packages that use c++ should say so.

A couple days ago, pkgsrc was changed: "Force unrequested languages to be
unavailable by setting them to ${FALSE}. This way, missing language
dependencies will be caught at build time." Since then a few packages have
been found to be missing this.

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo ':6DB6=88>?;@69876tA=AC8BB5tA6487><' | tr '4-F' 'wu rofIn.lkigemca'