Re: problems building xmlcatmgr

On 4/30/06, Steven M. Bellovin <smb%cs.columbia.edu@localhost> wrote:
Building under pkg_comp, both host and target systems running 3.0/i386,
using pkgsrc HEAD:

===> Creating toolchain wrappers for xmlcatmgr-2.2nb1
===> Configuring for xmlcatmgr-2.2nb1
configure: error: expected an absolute directory name for --sysconfdir:
*** Error code 1

Unfortunately, because I was using pkg_comp, I don't have a work directory
from which I can get log files.

It looks like as if you have something in your pkg_comp setup that
breaks the definition of the sysconfdir.  What do you have in the
PKG_SYSCONFBASE variable in the pkg_comp configuration file?

You can also try salo@'s suggestion: chroot to the sandbox and build
the package by hand.  From there you can grab some more information
doing something like:

make show-vars VARNAMES="PKG_SYSCONFDIR CONFIGURE_ARGS"

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84%gmail.com@localhost>
The Julipedia - http://julipedia.blogspot.com/