Re: Xorg 6.9.0 problem on amd64 (X_CreateWindow/Bad Value)

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, it was written:

> Yes, this is correct.  I can display the root window, but X dies on any
> attempt to create a new window, i.e. run any program that wants to
> access the display. And yes, it fails if I try to run the xterm on a
> different console and set DISPLAY=:0.

This is what happens to me when I ran the xorg-server from freedesktop CVS
on DragonFly. X server would work and I could see the distinctive X
background and could move my pointer, but once I started an Xterm, it
would crash.

But this was on i386 and was not using pkgsrc.

I posted details about it to DragonFly and xorg lists.

> P.S. Xorg 6.8.2 from 2006-01-18 pkgsrc works without a problem.  I would
> try building modular Xorg from freedesktop.org CVS but I cannot figure
> out how to do so properly. :(

I can help you. It is a little confusing because some of the components
are in CVS and some are in GIT.

Or you can use the many, many tarballs from freedesktop.org. But that will
take a long time.

Or please try the packages from pkgsrc-wip (see wip/xorg-server). They
need work and I need testers.

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo '9,J8HD,fDGG8B@?:536FC5=8@I;C5?@H5B0D@5GBIELD54DL>@8L?:5GDEJ8LDG1' |\
sed ss,s50EBsg | tr 0-M 'p.wBt SgiIlxmLhan:o,erDsduv/cyP'