Re: pkg_comp runs everything as root

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006, Christian Hattemer wrote:

> In summary: Are there real concerns in this area, or am I just paranoid?

I would not be concerned. Note that even without pkg_comp the default is
to do the installation targets as root and we do trust/allow that.

As for me, I just manually setup build environment and chroot and do my
builds as non-root and installs and packaging as root.

You could do the builds and installs and packaging as non-root too. (And I
do that frequently on some systems.) And some packages wont' build
though.

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo ':6DB6=88>?;@69876tA=AC8BB5tA6487><' | tr '4-F' 'wu rofIn.lkigemca'