Re: cannot build graphics/xpm

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006, George Georgalis wrote:

>  root@run:/usr/pkgsrc/graphics/xpm # cd /usr/pkgsrc/graphics/xpm && make
> CLEANDEPENDS=YES X11_TYPE=xorg clean install /usr/pkgsrc/graphics/xpm

I can repeat the same with that command line.

But it only happens when your directory was not clean in the first place.

It appears that the extract cookie was looked at before the directory was
cleaned when using CLEANDEPENDS=yes in combination of the "install"
target.

> ===> Configuring for xpm-3.4knb6
> cd: can't cd to /usr/pkgsrc/graphics/xpm/work/xpm-3.4k
> cd: can't cd to /usr/pkgsrc/graphics/xpm/work/xpm-3.4k

The do-configure target should fail if the cd ${WRKSRC} fails.

(This should be checked in other places too.)

> mv -f Makefile Makefile.bak

Ouch. The change directory failed.

That actually moved the pkgsrc/graphics/xpm/Makefile!

> imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/pkg/lib/X11/config -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
> imake: No such file or directory
> imake: No description file.

For now, don't use the CLEANDEPENDS and the install in the same target.

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo 'I7@87944:;6<754372=9=?48812=7043:>' | tr '0-@' 'wutrofn mlkige.ca'