Re: graphics/xv does not seem to create its icon files anymore...

On Sat, Apr 15, 2006 at 06:22:56PM +0200, Havard Eidnes wrote:
> > Did anyone else notice that since some time, xv does not seem to make
> > its cached icon files anymore? (The ^U command in the Visual Schnauzer)
> > I first noticed it with certainty in the pkgsrc-2005Q3 branch, if I
> > remember correctly. After some experimenting I noticed that the problem
> > probably is that it simply won't make its .xvpics directory; if the
> > directory is already present (which it won't be in a fresh directory)
> > the icon files will be made.
>
> Yes, I've noticed that as well.

Me too, after I deleted my old local xv binary.

> Does anyone know of a good reason it should not create this directory
> by itself?

Hmm, I guess someone made a mistake while making the
xv-3.10a-jumbo-enh-patch-20050501.txt
diff for xvbrowse.c:

+#ifdef AUTO_EXPAND
+    Dirtovd(thFname);
+#  ifdef VIRTUAL_TD
+    if (mkdir(thFname, (mode_t) perm) < 0)
+      Mkvdir_force(thFname);
+#  else
     mkdir(thFname, (mode_t) perm);
+#  endif
+#endif

Can you spot the error?

Note: I think we don't define AUTO_EXPAND.

config.h only defines VIRTUAL_TD if AUTO_EXPAND is defined. So the above patch
could be simplified:

+#ifdef AUTO_EXPAND
+    Dirtovd(thFname);
+#endif
+#ifdef VIRTUAL_TD
+    if (mkdir(thFname, (mode_t) perm) < 0)
+      Mkvdir_force(thFname);
+#else
     mkdir(thFname, (mode_t) perm);
+#endif

Aehm, hmm, wasn't it you Havard, who added this jumbo patch?

Bernd