Re: pkgsrc-stable branch stories?

Johnny Lam <jlam%pkgsrc.org@localhost> wrote:

> I personally use the stable branch on production servers.  I find it
> avoids the chaos of keeping up with rapidly changing PKGREVISIONs that
> happen on pkgsrc HEAD at times.  I keep a sandbox handy for rebuilding
> packages when there is a security update on the stable branch, and I
> update all of my software to the newest stable branch every quarter.

Pretty much the same here, with the exception that I do not update all
my software regularly.  I generally update the pkgsrc branch when a new
one is released, but only rebuild packages when there is a reason
(security issue, user request).

-Jan

--
Except most of the good bits were about frogs, I remember that.
You would not believe some of the things about frogs.