Re: problem in geography/shapelib/buildlink3.mk?

Thomas Klausner wrote:
On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 07:36:14PM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
I believe that geography/shapelib/buildlink3.mk needs

        BUILDLINK_INCDIRS.shapelib:=     include/libshp

added so that applications can find the #include file.  Am I correct?  Or
should applications that use it be patched to say #include<libshp/shaplfil.h>?

If a program installs its header files in a subdirectory, it should
be well-defined and packages using it should use #include <foo/bar.h>,
or it should provide a pkg-config sniplet or config script that
provides the appropriate C(PP)FLAGS.

I don't think it's up to buildlink3 to fix this. (Though of course
it can be used as a workaround.)

You can also just add

  CPPFLAGS+=  -I${BUILDLINK_PREFIX.shapelib}/include/libshp

to the Makefile of the package that uses shapelib in this way to avoid needing to patch anything.

        Cheers,

        -- Johnny Lam <jlam%pkgsrc.org@localhost>