Re: need advice for integrating modular Xorg libraries and headers

> I started planning to just replace the header extension files with the
> newer ones, but that breaks things because pkg-config filenames have
> changed for example (like our old Xfixes and fixesext/fixesproto).

A quick fix that worked for me was to create a symlink for the pkg-config
.pc file from the old name to the new name. I will have the
fixesext/fixesproto/builtin.mk create that symlink.

I have now tested building gtk2 and various packages using the new headers
packages (on NetBSD with native XFree86).

I will import them in next couple days and remove the old packages and
change any packages that reference them.

> I don't
> want to patch those too -- only to find out next that there are other
> incompatibilities (like changed API).

Hopefully my testing before then will find this for me.

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo ':6DB6=88>?;@69876tA=AC8BB5tA6487><' | tr '4-F' 'wu rofIn.lkigemca'