Re: maintaining pkgsrc packages (was: Re: bug reports)

> Johnny Lam wrote:

 >> Those packages have no specific developer as the maintainer but are
 >> maintained by the pkgsrc developer and user communities as a whole.

> Note, that if you are interested in maintaining specific packages
> you can do that even if you are not (yet?) a direct member of the pkgsrc
> project with commit access to CVS.
Sounds strange. Everybody have write permissions to pkgsrc CVS tree?
And yes, i'd like to contribute (and probably maintain) some packages
to pkgsrc repository. At least this one
http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=33203
http://freshmeat.net/projects/dictem

But now, it will be good if my reports will be fixed, at least this one
http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=33232 ;)

> At my last count there were 240
> maintainer addresses outside of @NetBSD.org.
I know, but most packages are maintained by @netbsd team.  It is
strange because pkgsrc is claimed as a portable packaging system
(excellent idea IMO). This is probably because pkgsrc's user base is
very limited.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.