Re: Fix for libdvdread on DragonFly

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 03:10:23PM +0200, Bj|rn Englund wrote:
> Hi, thanks for the patch, I added it slightly modified to the
> cvs of libdvdread. I had a similar fix for FreeBSD that I noticed didn't
> strdup the devname so I changed that too.
> Should this patch be applied for NetBSD too, or are the /dev/r<names> still
> in use there?

NetBSD still has the character devies as /dev/rfoo and block as
/dev/foo. I don't know your fix, but wouldn't it better to actually
check if the path we want to access is a character device in first place
and only try rfoo if it isn't?

> Please check the cvs version of libdvdread to see
> if it is ok for DragonFly now. (There is a patch for DragonFly applied already
> in bswap.h, is it still ok?).

The patch coming via mplayer? It was from my original patchset and
should be fine.