Re: The pkgsrc-2006Q1 branch

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 11:43:08AM +0100, Alistair Crooks wrote:

> The pkgsrc-2006Q1 Branch
> ========================
>
> The pkgsrc developers are very proud to announce the new pkgsrc-2006Q1
> branch, which has support for more packages than previous branches.
> As well as updated versions of many packages, the infrastructure of
> pkgsrc itself has been improved for better platform and compiler
> support, and also for enhanced security.
>
> At the same time, the pkgsrc-2005Q4 branch has been deprecated, and
> continuing engineering starts on the pkgsrc-2006Q1 branch.

I started a build of pkgsrc-2006Q1 on NetBSD 2.1/i386 and 3.0/i386.
Binary packages should be available in about 10 days.
I wlll also start builds for 2.1/sparc and 3.0/sparc, as soon as the
currently running build of the last pkgsrc-2005Q4 update will be done (should
be tomorow). This will take 3 to 4 weeks to complete.

As I did with the previous branches, once the initial build is done
I will keep updating binary packages when updates are commited to the branch.