Using CUPS

NetBSD 3.0 (GENERIC) #0: Mon Dec 19 01:04:02 UTC 2005

 I need some advice on using CUPS. I have it installed and working
here but I am not sure if I am doing this correctly. I did Google for
help and tutorials on setting up CUPS but all I found was this old

1) Should CUPS be started by rc.local? I have this in my /etc/rc.local file:

if [ -f /usr/pkg/sbin/cupsd ]; then
        /usr/pkg/sbin/cupsd -c /usr/pkg/etc/cups/cupsd.conf

 It used to be that the cupsd was located in /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d. Is
this location no longer being used?

2) Is there a recent tutorial or FAQ on setting up CUPS, on NetBSD and
DragonFly BSD?

Kind regards,