Problems with KDE 3.5

Hi,

I tried to use kde (binaries from pkgsrc-2005Q4) on an NetBSD/i386 3.0
system and have some problems.

The .xsession-errors log of the user who logged in via kdm has the following
entries:

DESKTOP_SESSION: not found
xset: not found
xsetroot: not found
startkde: Starting up...
kbuildsycoca running...
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol "init_kdnssd"
_IceTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix should be set to root
QFont::setPointSize: Point size <= 0 (-3)
X Error: BadShmSeg (invalid shared segment parameter) 168
  Major opcode:  145
  Minor opcode:  2
  Resource id:  0x16004df
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel( kacc = 0x81ef6c0 ): KAccel
object already contains an action name "delete"
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel( kacc = 0x81ef6c0 ): KAccel
object already contains an action name "edit"
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel( kacc = 0x81ef6c0 ): KAccel
object already contains an action name "display_message"
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol "PKCS7_content_free"
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol
"OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms"
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol
"OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms_conf"
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol
"OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf"
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol "PKCS7_content_free"
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol
"OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms"
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol
"OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms_conf"
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol
"OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf"

1. I tried to set UserPath and SystemPath to include /usr/X11R6/bin, but
   this didn't fix the problem with the x11 commands not to be found.
   /etc/csh.cshrc also adds /usr/X11R6/bin to the path.
2. The Undefined symbol for init_kdnssd doesn't look good.
3. What with this BadShmSeg error?
   I compiled a kernel with SHMMAXPGS=16384, but I still get it.
4. The Undefined symbol in KLibrary also doesn't look good too.

Then while logging out:

startkde: Shutting down...
iceauth: not found
klauncher: Exiting on signal 1
kicker: sighandler called
DCOP aborting while waiting for answer from 'kicker'
kicker: sighandler called
kicker: sighandler called
Session management error: Could not open network socket
DCOPServer::DCOPReply for unknown connection.
DCOPServer::DCOPReplyDelayed for unknown connection.
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode:  18
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0xa00022
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode:  19
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0xa00022
kicker: ERROR: : couldn't create slave : Kein Kontakt zu klauncher
kicker: Fatal IO error: client killed

5. another x11 command which wasn't found: iceauth
6. kicker got a segmentation violation and core dumped leaving the the kdm in
   an state where you can't do anything.

The core dump of kicker is the biggest problem and then the undefined symbols.

Bernd