Re: hacking pkgsrc

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 thelarsons3%cox.net@localhost wrote:

> When I have to resort to hacking the source in order to build a package,
> implying there should be a platform-specific patch or even a change
> upstream from pkgsrc, whom should I contact to relay this information?

If the improvement is useful without pkgsrc, be sure to discuss it with
the upstream (the official) developers/vendors of the software.

We try not to have "platform-specific" patches. If you can make the patch
portable.

If you have a patch for pkgsrc, feel free to email this mailing list (if
not too long), to the MAINTAINER, and/or submit using GNATS/send-pr if you
don't want it forgotten.

 Jeremy C. Reed

                         http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/