Re: Problems Building net/net-snmp in pkgsrc - need help please

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 03:22:10PM -0500, wrote:
> It is curious that libtool is getting an argument /usr/lib/
> .. I would have expected -llibbeecrypt, and then it would find it via the
> -L path, which has my $LOCALBASE/lib dir on it ...
> I don't see anything in config.log that looks for beecrypt.  In fact, of
> all the stuff in net-snmp-5.3.0 the only thng I find that references
> beecrypt is dist/net-snmp.spec which has it in a "Requries:" line.  Sure
> seems like configure should test for this if it uses it (?)
> Thinking that wrappers might be missing, I tried adding
> include "../../security/beecrypt/" to
> net/net-snmp/Makefile
> but I get the same error.
> Anyone out there have any ideas what to try next?

Can you grep the *.la files in /usr/lib and ${LOCALBASE}/lib for
"/usr/lib/"?  Sometimes, those references mistakenly
get embedded in other *.la files, which usually doesn't break the
original package that installed those *.la files, but breaks building
dependent packages.

        -- Johnny Lam <>