Re: any volunteer to make a simple pkgsrc man page?

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 02:37PM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>- maybe make "currently containing over" its own sentence.

  It is worth having in there at all?  I've removed it for the time being.

>- also it works fine with commercial software -- so "freely available" is
>not accurate.

  Removed.

>- "Support for binary-only distributions ... NetBSD emulated platforms"
>sentence is unclear to me.

  Removed.

>- in your "The installation prefix," sentence maybe add "configuration
>file locations, " also.

  Added to FILES section.

>- normally man pages are sorted first by section and then alphabetically
>for your SEE ALSO section.

  Fixed.

>And as a roff style rule we attempt to follow:
>each new sentence in your roff source start on a new line -- it will
>render the same, but easier to read and edit the roff source itself.
>For example, move "It is" to a new line (and reformat as appropriate).
>
>(Including your ".It" entries for manpages, put on multiple lines.)

  Fixed.

>- many packages provide start up scripts and default and example
>configurations and your custom configurations are not removed nor
>overwritten on deinstalls or installs.
>
>- Most of pkgsrc can be used to install and use software without any root
>privilege.

  Added.

I rewrote the sections before the feature list.  Latest version, same
location:
http://www.jdwhite.org/~jdwhite/netbsd/pkgsrc.7

Feedback welcomed.

-Jason