[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/databases/db5
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: adam
Date: Wed Jan 18 13:46:50 UTC 2012
pkgsrc/databases/db5: Makefile PLIST buildlink3.mk distinfo
pkgsrc/databases/db5/patches: patch-aa patch-ab
* Added support for verifying named in-memory dbs.
* Added an integer key comparison function to improve performance through the
* Support build on the platforms where pthread_t is a struct.
* Added an API call so the user can specify the size of the region in a heap db.
* Improved Replication Manager's ability to recover from the (perhaps rare)
phenomenon of two sites trying to connect to each other simultaneously, which
used to result in loss of both connections, requiring a retry after the
CONNECTION_RETRY timeout period.
* Enhanced the interface for copying databases for a hot backup. Added configure
support for --enable-atomicfileread.
* Enhaced the log reading routine to detect that a log file is missing rather
than returning that a zero length record was found.
* Added pragma bdbsql_shared_resources to set or report the maximum amount of
memory to be used by shared structures in the main environment region and
bdbsql_lock_tablesize to set or report the number of buckets in the lock
object hash table. These are advanced tuning features for applications with
large number of tables or needs to reduce locking on concurrent long running
* Added set_metadata_dir() and get_metadata_dir() to enable storage of
persistent metadata files in a location other than the environment home
* Improved the error handling through the SQL API. Errors can be sent to a file
with the use of the BDBSQL_ERROR_FILE pragma.
* Database handles can now be configured to give exclusive access to the
* XA transactions will now use transaction snapshots if the XA databases they
operate on were configured with DB_MULTIVERSION.
* Added additional stats fields into the C# API
* Added pragma bdbsql_single_process to keep the Berkeley DB environment
information on the heap instead of in shared memory. This option cannot be
used if the database is accessed from multiple processes.
* Improved the ability of DB->compact to move DB_HASH database pages to the
begining of the file.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.7 -r1.8 pkgsrc/databases/db5/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/databases/db5/PLIST
cvs rdiff -u -r126.96.36.199 -r1.2 pkgsrc/databases/db5/buildlink3.mk
cvs rdiff -u -r1.6 -r1.7 pkgsrc/databases/db5/distinfo
cvs rdiff -u -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/databases/db5/patches/patch-aa \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |