pkgsrc-Bulk archive

Re: pkgsrc HEAD selective NetBSD 5.99.49/x86_64 2011-10-07 03:35

On Sun, Oct 09, 2011 at 12:04:12AM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
 > On Sat, Oct 08, 2011 at 01:53:13AM +0000, David Holland wrote:
 > > So for the record, this is a limited build done only on (1) packages
 > > that are known to fail, and (2) packages that have been substantively
 > > changed since they last built ok. The point of this is to get rapid
 > > turnaround on new commits; it's intended to complement, not replace,
 > > full builds. In particular it won't necessarily catch cases where
 > > package Y stops building because package X gets updated.
 > That's a very good idea.
 > Can you please extend to include all packages that had commits since
 > you last ran the limited build?
 > Then packagers would get more immediate feedback about their changes.

I've been skipping updates that aren't likely to break the build (like
setting LICENSE) but as build time permits I can pull those in.

This logic is all manual at the moment and I'm not sure how long the
motivation will last. All commits is definitely easier to automate...

David A. Holland