Re: pkgsrc-2011Q2 NetBSD 5.0.2/i386 2011-08-14 13:15

 >> > pkgtools/nih                                 vle%gmx.net@localhost
 >>   pkg_add: Error: package `nih-0.7.2' was built with a newer pkg_install
 >> version
 >>   pkg_add: 1 package addition failed
 >>
 >> It looks like bootstrap archive used in pbulk needs to be updated.

> But how could it have been built with a newer pkg_install than the
> one from the base system ?

nih requires pkg_install>=20100915 to work properly (It needs pkg_add -D
and some other features appeared in latest pkg_install).  It is
configured to always use /usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_* for work.  Installing
latest version of pkg_install during package build somehow causes the
problem.  Maybe full paths to pkg_* are not specified in pbulk configs/code
and PATH contains /usr/pkg/sbin before /usr/sbin?  I'm not expert in
pbulk internals.

> updating the pkgtools isn't really an option here because it would mean
> that the binary packages won't be installable on NetBSD 5.0.2 ...

My original thought was about configuring pbulk to always use pkg_*
under /usr/pkg/sbin.  But this is probably a bad idea because in this
case /usr/sbin/pkg_* will always warn about "newer pkg_install version".

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.