Re: pkgsrc-current Linux 2.6.24-1-686/i686 bulk build results 20080903.1421

Some quick looks:

 > archivers/bsdtar                 89       build
 > joerg%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   bsdtar-2.5.5

tar/write.c:730: error: 'EXT2_IOC_GETFLAGS' undeclared (first use in this
function)

should be easy to fix if someone can figure out what the right thing
to do is.

 > multimedia/xine-lib              14     install
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   xine-lib-1.1.15nb1

fixed.

 > editors/vim-share                 7     install
 > martti%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   vim-share-7.2.0

ERROR: [check-interpreter.mk] The interpreter "/bin/csh" of
"/usr/pkg/share/vim/vim72/tools/vim132" does not exist.

I feel like we've already fixed this once... did it maybe get lost in
the update to 7.2?

 > devel/libffi                      3   configure
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   libffi-2.0betanb2

checking for gcc... gcc  -m64
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  -m64 -O2 -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.

Someone with access to a similar machine will have to wade into that one.

 > fonts/Xg                          3     install
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   libXgFonts-1.0nb2

/bin/sh: compress: command not found

Linux doesn't have compress, only gzip, and we can't currently do
USE_TOOLS+=compress. On the other hand, I suspect changing the package
to always use gzip will break on native X on at least some vendor
platforms. So this will probably be a hassle.

 > lang/erlang                       3       build
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   erlang-12.0nb2

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `i386-debian-linux/Makefile'. Stop.

This looks to be auto* disagreeing with itself over whether the
platform is 'i386-debian-linux' or 'i386-debian-linux-gnu'.

 > lang/kaffe                        3     install
 > tonio%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   kaffe-1.1.7nb3

ERROR: The following files are in the PLIST but not in /usr/pkg:
ERROR:         /usr/pkg/java/kaffe/info/dir

Something is wrong with info file handling, I guess... (should kaffe
really have a private info directory?)

 > lang/icon                         2     install
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   icon-9.4.2nb1

=> Checking for missing run-time search paths in icon-9.4.2nb1
ERROR: /usr/pkg/bin/iconx:      libX11.so.6 => not found

buh...?

 > x11/xview-clients                 2       build
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   xview-clients-3.2.1nb3

This looks exactly like from before I fixed it, except that the
PKGREVISION is from after. Which is strange... do you have the build
log for xview-lib-3.2.1nb7? Does it fail and keep going and install
a half-built library? And if so, why does patch-ad of xview-config not
cause the build to stop?

 > archivers/dar                     1       build
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   dar-2.3.8

/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.1.2/../../../../lib/libpthread.a(lockfile.o): In
function `__funlockfile':
/home/aurel32/tmp/glibc-2.3.6.ds1/build-tree/glibc-2.3.6/linuxthreads/lockfile.c:38:
 multiple definition of `__funlockfile'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.1.2/../../../../lib/libc.a(funlockfile.o):(.text+0x0):
 first defined here

That seems odd, but will need local investigation.

 > editors/emacs20                   1       build
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   emacs-20.7nb11

/tmp/obj_pkgsrc/editors/emacs20/work/emacs-20.7/lib-src/sorted-doc.c:12: error:
conflicting types for 'malloc'

Easily patched...

 > devel/valgrind                            build
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   valgrind-2.4.0nb1

Fixed (or at least, improved)

 > editors/vigor                             build
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   vigor-0.016nb3

./../cl/../common/common.h:23:16: error: db.h: No such file or directory

Should be easy to fix given that the package makefile doesn't mention
db at all.

 > emulators/spim                            build
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   spim-7.1nb3

pim.c:1033: error: 'TIOCGETP' undeclared (first use in this function)

Should be easy to patch.

 > games/tads                          dbb_canbebuilt
 > dillo%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   tads-3.0.8nb1

Needs config patching for each OS.

 > games/xpilot                            install
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   xpilot-4.5.4nb2

More imake man page lossage.

 > graphics/SDLKit                     dbb_canbebuilt
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   SDLKit-0.3.1r2nb17

Should be fixed as of last weekend.

 > graphics/aqsis                            build
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   aqsis-0.6.4nb6

Someone needs to update this, but it's a big job.

 > lang/STk                                  build
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   STk-4.0.1nb1
 > lang/cint                               extract
 > drochner%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   cint-5.15.174nb1
 > lang/drscheme                             build
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   drscheme-209nb2

Should be fixed as of last weekend.

 > lang/g95                                install
 > wennmach%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   g95-0.91nb1

This should be mostly fixed but is also suffering from disagreement
over "-gnu".

 > lang/focal                                build
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   focal81-0

This needs a patch to use <dirent.h> portably.

 > lang/gwydion-dylan                  dbb_canbebuilt
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   gwydion-dylan-2.4.0nb1

Try enabling this in the Makefile and see if it builds. It doesn't
work on amd64, but it ought to work or be easily patched to work on
i386 on Linux.

 > lang/smalltalk                          install
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   smalltalk-2.3.5

This appears to install its own libsigsegv and should probably be
discouraged from such behavior.

 > lang/sr                                   build
 > is%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   sr-2.3.3nb7

sed  >>paths.tmp

Something severely wrong here...

 > mail/alpine                               build
 > abs%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   alpine-1.10nb1

I believe this has been fixed.

 > x11/xmx                                 install
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >   xmx-2.1a7nb1

rgb.c:44:17: error: dbm.h: No such file or directory

What's the right way to get this? (On Linux, or in general...)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost