Re: pkgsrc NetBSD 1.6.2/i386 bulk build results 2005-05-21

On Mon, 23 May 2005, Eric Gillespie wrote:

Krister Walfridsson <cato%df.lth.se@localhost> writes:

that pulls in converters/libiconv/buildlink3.mk regardless of if
it is needed or not (we have not seen it fail in he bulk builds
because it was not used during the build before Johnny's recent
changes).

That should not be entirely correct.  libiconv/buildlink3.mk will
be pulled in so that its builtin.mk can decide whether or not
libiconv is needed.

The situation is slightly more complicated...

NetBSD 1.6 does not have iconv, but it has a libintl (that does
not need any inconv..)  The gettext-lib/builtin.mk determines
that this libintl is good enough, but gettext-lib/buildlink3.mk
pulls in libiconv/buildlink3.mk anyway.  The libiconv/builtin.mk
does now (correctly) determine that we don't have a libiconv,
so the pkgsrc libiconv is built.

The gtar configure script now sees that we have a libiconv, and
happily links to it...

I'm fine with just adding converters/libiconv/buildlink3.mk as
an explicit dependency to archivers/gtar-base too.

Why is that necessary?  gettext's buildlink3.mk already pulls it
in.

The buildlink stuff keeps track of the include depth through
the BUILDLINK_DEPTH mechanism, and does only add the top-level
includes to the dependency...

Anyway, it looks like jlam fixed this problem yesterday...

   /Krister