[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
PR/52215 CVS commit: pkgsrc/chat/bitlbee
The following reply was made to PR pkg/52215; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: "Leonardo Taccari" <leot%netbsd.org@localhost>
Subject: PR/52215 CVS commit: pkgsrc/chat/bitlbee
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 11:39:32 +0000
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: leot
Date: Sun May 14 11:39:32 UTC 2017
pkgsrc/chat/bitlbee: Makefile distinfo
Update chat/bitlbee to 3.5.1
Patch provided by FrÃ©dÃ©ric Fauberteau via PR pkg/52215.
* Fix crash on file transfer requests from unknown contacts. This was the
result of an incomplete fix in the previous release and may result in
remote DoS. Read the full security advisory at:
- After some investigation we decided to reclassify a crash fix from the
previous release as a security issue. Read the full security advisory at:
- Included help.txt in the release tarball, which was missing in the previous
release and resulted in adding python as a build dependency. The release
tarball of 3.5.1 does not require python.
Finished 30 Jan 2017
* "chat list": shows a list of existing server-side chatrooms. With some
protocols, this is often the only way to add new channels.
See 'help chat list' for details. (jgeboski)
* "plugins": lists the installed plugins and their versions (jgeboski)
* Add 'nick_lowercase' and 'nick_underscores' settings.
* "handle_unknown" can be set per-account, not just globally
* Add "always_use_nicks" channel setting, for non-anonymous MUCs (trac #415)
See 'help set always_use_nicks' for possible side effects.
* Properly handle rejected file transfers
* Don't send parts in a chat if someone is still connected from other devices
* hipchat: support personal oauth tokens (manually generated ones)
* Hide muted tweets / no-retweets, add mute/unmute commands (Flexo)
* Show full version of extended tweets (with slightly more than 140 chars)
* Support setting chat room topics (EionRobb)
* Support for extra groupchat settings. Shows an error if any required
ones are missing. Look for purple_ prefixed settings in "chan #... set"
* SIPE: persistent chats can be joined now, thanks to the "chat list" command
and the above ("purple_uri" channel setting)
* Fix a file transfer crash bug (Mainly affected telegram)
* Honor protocol flag to not require a password (used in hangouts, telegram)
* Set the contacts' nicks to the %full_name for a few whitelisted protocols
(hangouts, funyahoo, icq, line)
* LINE: added a hack to save its auth token, to avoid re-auth every time
* Show self-messages in groupchat backlogs (before join)
* Removed because they killed their old protocol on a two month notice.
Use EionRobb's funyahoo purple plugin, or better yet, don't use yahoo.
- Stuff for enterprise deployments (all done by Sevas)
* Locked down accounts, useful when pregenerating user config files. An
account that is marked with the locked="true" attribute can't be removed
and its username/password can't be changed.
* Locked down settings. Same as above, but for individual account settings.
* AllowAccountAdd setting in bitlbee.conf, to disable adding new accounts.
* PAM and LDAP authentication backends (not compiled by default)
- For packagers:
* Enabled debug symbols in non-debug builds, disabled stripping by default.
This is closer to the default behavior of autotools, and --debug=1 is mostly
to set the DEBUG macro and disable optimization.
- For plugin devs:
* Plugins should now include an "init_plugin_info" function which will be used
for ABI version checking in the future. It's optional for now, but will be
enforced later. See the commit log of d28fe1c for details. (jgeboski)
Finished 8 Jan 2017
* Self-messages (messages sent by yourself from other IM clients), given
support by the IM protocols and your IRC client. See this for details:
* IRCv3.1 support and part of 3.2: cap-3.2, sasl-3.2, multi-prefix,
away-notify, extended-join, userhost-in-names
* Send numeric errors when failing to join a channel, to not confuse clients
* Channel autojoins should be more reliable now.
* Carbons (XEP-0280), for self-message support. It's not widely supported
by most public XMPP servers (easier if you host your own), but this will
probably change in the next few years. Thanks kormat for the original patch.
* Fix typing notifications between two bitlbee users or with gtalk users
* Remove facebook XMPP code, point people at bitlbee-facebook.
* Show groupchat kick/ban/leave reasons
* SASL ANONYMOUS (XEP-0175), for "guest" logins, see "help set anonymous"
* Hipchat: 'chat add hipchat "channel name"' now tries to guess the JID
* Fix problems remembering SSL certificates as trusted
* Fix /join #channel, which joined a differently named channel
* Fix crash when doing "chat with" with skypeweb
* Fix html entities appearing in some protocols
* Fix setting away states in jabber, which failed silently
* Implement notify_message UI op, to be able to show some error messages.
* Show all messages as groupchats since we can't tell which ones are private.
* This plugin is mostly-deprecated and mostly-broken but it's still useful
for p2p-based groupchats, which aren't delivered over newer protocols.
Everyone else should use the skypeweb purple plugin or msn instead.
* Minor tweaks. Faster login, better error reporting, fixed add/remove.
Still MSNP21. Disregard that "Next release!" in the previous release.
* Don't use NOTICE for user messages (revmischa)
* Fix crashes when using the jabber xmlconsole
* A few minor fixes: color multiline messages, filter incoming color codes.
* Show ./configure args in bitlbee -V, config.h and Makefile.settings
* Allow setting the plugin dir in bitlbee.conf, for NixOS (anderspapitto)
* Improved cross compiler support (gamaral)
- Other important bugfixes:
* Fix potential crashes when leaving temporary channels
* Fix all sorts of crashing bugs when cancelling in-progress connections.
Finished 19 Mar 2016
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.71 -r1.72 pkgsrc/chat/bitlbee/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.33 -r1.34 pkgsrc/chat/bitlbee/distinfo
cvs rdiff -u -r1.1 -r0 pkgsrc/chat/bitlbee/patches/patch-irc__channel.c
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |