[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: pkg/48500: lang/perl5 cause an unaligned access exception.
- Please apply this patch at pkgsrc/lang/perl5/hacks.mk
- ### gcc-4.*.* in NetBSD/alpha causes unaligned access exception in perl.
- ### -O works around, and there is a report that -O2 -fno-tree-ter is enough.
- .if !empty(MACHINE_PLATFORM:MNetBSD-*-alpha) && !empty(CC_VERSION:Mgcc-4.*.*)
- # XXX: is there any good way to replace the default -O2 with multiple args?
- #PKG_HACKS+= optimisation
- #BUILDLINK_TRANSFORM+= rename:-O[2-9]*:-O2 -fno-tree-ter
- CFLAGS+=-O2 -fno-tree-ter
I'm integrating this into the tree, but I can't decide if I need
to bump PKGREVISION on perl or not. The issue only affects
NetBSD/alpha (or maybe alpha's generically), and otherwise has
And I'd like to avoid a huge churn on non-alpha platforms.
My inclination is not to bump it, as fixes an issue (poor
execution style) on one platform only.
Eric Schnoebelen eric%cirr.com@localhost
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...
well, I have others. -- Groucho Marx
Main Index |
Thread Index |