[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
PR/47767 CVS commit: pkgsrc/security/libsodium
The following reply was made to PR pkg/47767; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: "Alistair G. Crooks" <agc%netbsd.org@localhost>
Subject: PR/47767 CVS commit: pkgsrc/security/libsodium
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 05:52:06 +0000
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: agc
Date: Wed May 1 05:52:06 UTC 2013
pkgsrc/security/libsodium: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update security/libsodium from version 0.3 to 0.4.1
Provided in pkg PR/47767 by csosstudy
Changes from previous version:
* Version 0.4.1
- sodium_version_*() functions were not exported in version 0.4. They
are now visible as intended.
- sodium_init() now calls randombytes_stir().
- optimized assembly version of salsa20 is now used on amd64.
- further cleanups and enhanced compatibility with non-C99 compilers.
* Version 0.4
- Most constants and operations are now available as actual functions
instead of macros, making it easier to use from other languages.
- New operation: crypto_generichash, featuring a variable key size, a
variable output size, and a streaming API. Currently implemented using
- The package can be compiled in a separate directory.
- aes128ctr functions are exported.
- Optimized versions of curve25519 (curve25519_donna_c64), poly1305
(poly1305_53) and ed25519 (ed25519_ref10) are available. Optionally
sodium_init() once before using the library makes it pick the fastest
- New convenience function: sodium_memzero() in order to securely
wipe a memory area.
- A whole bunch of cleanups and portability enhancements.
- On Windows, a .REF file is generated along with the shared library,
for use with Visual Studio. The installation path for these has become
$prefix/bin as expected by MingW.
* install the NEWS file under share/ hierarchy
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r220.127.116.11 -r1.2 pkgsrc/security/libsodium/Makefile \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |