[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
PR/42711 CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/pure-ftpd
The following reply was made to PR pkg/42711; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: OBATA Akio <obache%netbsd.org@localhost>
Subject: PR/42711 CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/pure-ftpd
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 12:34:09 +0000
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: obache
Date: Thu Feb 4 12:34:09 UTC 2010
pkgsrc/net/pure-ftpd: Makefile distinfo
Update pure-ftpd to 1.0.27.
Based on PR#42711 by Fredrik Pettai.
* Version 1.0.27:
- IPv6 connections are accepted again (regression from version 1.0.26)
- SSLv3 renegociation has been disabled
- .pureftpd-upload-* files can be deleted by users with no quota.
- The server can be forced to shut down on iPhone.
* Version 1.0.26:
- Fix incompatibilities with Cyberduck and dramatically speed up directory
listings and transfers when TLS is enabled with some other clients like LFTP.
- Allow authentication of non-chrooted users again. It was a regression
from version 1.0.25. Spotted by Juergen Daubert.
* Version 1.0.25:
- The FTP server can now be built as a library for iPhone and iPod Touch.
- Display symbolic links in the MSLD command as symbolic links, unless the
broken clients mode is enabled, just like STAT/LIST/NLST.
- Enhanced compatibility with gcc 2.x and with custom installation paths.
- Fix packaging issues, especially when the server isn't installed in the
- Downloads now require less CPU and less memory.
- Fix an infinite loop that could lead to a client process burning a CPU
core if the client didn't disconnect properly. Reported by Thomas Min and
- Handle fake download resumes the traditional way for the sake of being
compatible with weird clients that insist on doing that.
- The group name is now always displayed instead of the gid when it matches
primary user group.
* Version 1.0.24:
- When using LDAP in BIND mode, empty passwords are refused. Reported by
* Version 1.0.23:
- The LDAP schema has been fixed.
- LDAP authentication through binding is now possible in addition to
passwords. This allows for the FTP server to run with an unprivileged LDAP
- In LDAP objects, the "enabled" value is accepted again as a FTPStatus
- Privilege separation is now enabled by default.
- The server should now properly compile on Solaris with privsep.
- Charset conversions are properly made on directory names.
- Transfers now handle every kind of disconnection.
- More informative log messages for errors and activity reporting.
- Virtual quotas are way more reliable and uploads are interrupted as soon as
quotas are exceeded.
- Atomic uploads are only used when necessary and only if --notruncate is
- Dangling .pureftpd-upload files should be a thing of past.
- Enhanced conformance with RFCs and better compatibility with FTP clients.
- Improved SSL performance, compatibility and commands support.
- By default, up to 10000 files per directory can be listed instead of 2000.
- ALLO can now tell clients whether an upload would blow quotas before the
upload actually starts.
- PAM is now enabled by default on OSX.
- Switch euid to the _pure-ftpd account (unless it's nonexistent) in the
- --without-banner is not necessary any more. Having a cookie file
(--fortunefile=...) automatically disables the default banner, thus allowing
full customization of the welcome banner.
- ./configure --localstatedir is now honored in order to change the
- Support for building a FTPS (implicit SSL/TLS) server, using
* Version 1.0.22:
- the LDAP authentication backend now supports TLS encryption.
- TLS encryption is supported on data channels.
- downloads require way less CPU time on platforms with slow mmap() calls.
- MySQL 5+ stored procedures can now be used in the authentication process.
- time zones issues should be fixed for good.
- on-demand directories can now be created with any set of permissions.
- password scrambling of MySQL 5+ is now supported.
- a catalan translation has been contributed.
- spurious disconnections due to some clients keepalive tricks have
- custom authentication handlers are now informed about the encryption
status of the session.
- standard-conformance and compatibility with several clients have improved.
- large files are now supported by default.
- enhanced support for Solaris.
- a bunch of bug fixes, optimizations and compatibility with newer
libraries and operating system versions.
- "ftp" and "anonymous" user names can have passwords if the -E switch (no
anonymous logins) is specified.
- in compatibility mode, non-dangling symbolic links are now displayed as
if they were regular files/directories.
- --with-everything now includes privsep.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.22 -r1.23 pkgsrc/net/pure-ftpd/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.8 -r1.9 pkgsrc/net/pure-ftpd/distinfo
cvs rdiff -u -r220.127.116.11 -r1.2 pkgsrc/net/pure-ftpd/files/pure_ftpd.sh
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |