Subject: Re: i686 SMP Kernel?
To: Matt <>
From: Patrick Welche <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/02/2007 13:10:49
On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 11:33:17AM -0700, Matt wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm running version NetBSD 3.1 with pkgsrc 2007Q2 and the Release Source
> Files.
> I tried running it with GENERIC.MPACPI, but I got the same error as this
> guy, who is running the same version and on the same exact hardware:
> The picture of his (our) error is:
> I couldn't find an answer on how to fix that, what would you suggest?

The listing in the picture looks OK. I think what happens before it might
be interesting (cpu lines and ioapic line) FWIW the corresponding end
of your listing for me is:

npx0 at acpi0 (PNP0C04)
npx0: io 0xf0-0xff irq 13
npx0: reported by CPUID; using exception 16  <--- you don't get here

I wonder how a kernel with

ioapic* at mainbus?

but no MPBIOS would fare... (Let acpi do the cpu finding)