Subject: Re: Desktop application agenda
To: Mark Weinem <mark.weinem@alumni.uni-due.de>
From: =?UTF-8?B?UHJ6ZW15c8WCYXcgUGF3ZcWCY3p5aw==?= <pp@kv.net.pl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/13/2007 18:25:41
--Signature=_Fri__13_Apr_2007_18_25_41_-0500_sbnpdk0R1my7473B

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 00:41:05 +0200 (CEST)
Mark Weinem <mark.weinem@alumni.uni-due.de> wrote:

> [NetBSD is dying]
> > I took into consideration mailing-lists activities, "openness"
> > for new users, recent Google SoC, "popularity contests" on IT
> > services, articles written to the IT services, core developers
> > attitude toward Community Wiki, etc. The whole picture, from that
> > (read my) point of view, isn't bright and catching.
>
> okay, i'm tired of your loudmouth and such disrespectful undertones..
You (plural) must be completely nuts with this "disrespectful" posture.
Does it mean that no one can say anything wrong against your beloved
system? Or ask tough questions?

> Your "points of views" are valueless, as they are not based on
> reputation (regarding the NetBSD project) - and they are very unfair!
Oh, there you are... meritocracy, reputation, etc. The rest are only
bunch of hooligans and should keep their mouth shut. Oh, I see... Not
that I open my eyes today, far from that. This rotten f*** posture of
yours can be seen from the beginning of my presence on the mailing list.

> Most of the "core developers" (and "users") did not bother to reply
> to your posts on netbsd-users@ - or did they all answer to you
> offlist?
The very few supporting views in former round of "discussion" (tphu...
(a sound of spitting)) were quickly drowned by your moralizing fracas.

> correct this! On the other hand, developer and pkgsrc maintainer
> Jeremy C. Reed made every endeavor to address the issues you had.
And I am very thankful to him for that. He still answers my questions
contrary to most of you - "everlasting", "skilled", and "highly
educated" (in applied psychology) users.

> To your question: I'm not aware of an official desktop agenda for
> NetBSD or pkgsrc. The kde meta-pkg from pkgsrs offers a complete set
> of desktop applications (add 'misc/Koffice' for office apps) - but
> it's not lightwight. Xfce 4.4  from meta-pkgs/xfce4 offers a smaller
> gtk2-based (but not so complete) desktop solution. Martti Kuparinen,
> the maintainer of Xfce for pkgsrc, called for help with Xfce plugins:
>
>  	http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2007/04/13/0000.html
>
> Maybe you can help.
As I said umpteen times I'm not programmer. But thanks for your
explanation. I only wanted to know if there was a "body" which steers
development of NetBSD and whether they pay attention to desktop
users as well. I cannot believe that NetBSD developers think only about
drivers to new network cards or storage devices.

One simple question and all the pandemonium with personal jaunts
against me.

> Sorry, but i will keep you no longer on the radar.
Well, don't do me this Mark, ee..., buuu... (weeping).

Regards,
p2o2
--
Przemysław (p2o2) Pawełczyk <pp_o2@o2.pl>