Subject: Re: Getting started with RAID?
To: Paul Hoffman <>
From: Rakhesh Sasidharan <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/26/2001 01:52:02
> Is there any documentation for how to set up RAID for a NetBSD system
> other than the man pages for raidctl?

> And, for the harder question, what if wd0 and wd1 are not
> hardware? What will be the reliability and performance issues?

I don't think I'll be able to help you much, but I can give you a few
pointers on where you can get more help.  I had raised a similar question
in September, 2000, and so if you were to go to (which is where all the netbsd mailing lists
are archived), and go to the netbsd-users list for that month, you might
just find some info.

Infact,  I went thru those mail myself just now, and have fished a link I
found to a tut posted by somebody (Mike Pelley) --  It might help.

[Basically, I never got abt to using RAID (coz I had 2-3 OSes on the same
machine, and that was a problem) and so would not be able to help much.]

Hope this helps.