Subject: amanda and tape changers
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/18/1999 14:05:36
I'm having serious pain getting a tape changer working under amanda from
pkgsrc..

I try running amcheck -s DailySet1 and I get:

Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
/amanda: 5690373 KB disk space available, that's plenty.
amcheck-server: could not get changer info: 10 1

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.1p1)
giauzar#

While this is happening..  the changer picks up the tape in slot 0, and places
it in my drive.. the drive then starts doing something, and thats when
amcheck-server comes back failed..

I have an exabyte 10e changer, with an 8500 drive in it..  I have only two
tapes in the device right now.. so I tried setitng the device to only use two
tapes.. (the tapes are in slot 0 and 1)  I've also tried the conf file with all
slots enabled.. etc etc..

relevant portion of changer.conf below..

config          0
drivenum        0
dev             /dev/nrst0      # the device that is used for thetapedrive0
startuse        0       # The slots associated with the drive 0
enduse          1       #
statfile        /usr/local/etc/amanda/tape5-slot  # The file where the actual sl
ot is stored
cleancart       -1      # the slot where the cleaningcartridge for drive 0 is
                        # located. -1 means none.
cleanfile       /usr/local/etc/amanda/tape0-clean # The file where the cleanings
 are recorded
usagecount      /usr/local/etc/amanda/backup/totaltime

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>