Subject: RE: RS/6000 MCA PPC
To: Daniel Lamblin <dlamblin@mil.emc.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 11/01/2000 12:04:58
On 01-Nov-00 Daniel Lamblin wrote:
> How much work would be involved in moving NetBSD PPC to work with such a
> machine as the C10?

Your primary problems.. right off the bat, are going to require some time and
knowledge to fix.

The first one, is that we don't currently run on 601 class machines.  It would
be very neat if we did however..  I think Jason Thorpe was fiddling with this.

The second one.. one that I've fiddled with, and got dragged off to something
else.. is that the bootloader for such a machine would have to be written..
that will be the more complex of the two, as there are very poor docs on the
format.

I think a port to the older RS/6000's is feasable.. but one or more people with
the time and drive to do it need to step up to the plate.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>