NetBSD-Java archive

Re: lang/sun-jdk15 on amd64

Dear Milos,

Is anyone running lang/sun-jdk15 on amd64 successfully? I have it
installed but it core dumps immediately after running.

February 14, 2008: Greg Lewis has released the eighth patchset
(patchlevel 8, "Tarragindi") for the JDK? 1.5.0 software. This release
now supports NetBSD/amd64 and the browser plugin runs on the amd64
architecture. In addition, the source code base has been updated to
1.5.0 Update 14. Information on downloading the patchset can be found at

Perhaps you should have a chat with Greg? You can find him on the mailing lists. The Java porting effort for *bsd
is concentrated on that list for historical reasons.

I am interested in running Linux java package via emulation, not the
native built java. This works just fine under i386.

No idea, sorry. I always use the native build, because if I run into problems, they can be fixed by the Java porting team. The linux package is not open to such fixes.

Kees Jan

The secret of success lies in the stability of the goal. -- Benjamin Disraeli