NetBSD-Java archive

java - could not reserve enough space for object heap

Hi there,

I have a problem in running java (JDK 1.4.2) on my
machine. If I limit the space to 32M, it seems to
work. But when I call eclipse, it seems to call java
without specifying limit and java displays the
following error message "Could not reserve enough
space for object heap".

Here is some info about my machine config:

bash-3.00$  mount
/dev/wd0a on / type ffs (local)
kernfs on /kern type kernfs (local)
procfs on /proc type procfs (local)
procfs on /usr/pkg/emul/linux/proc type procfs (local)

Memory: 297M Act, 149M Inact, 880K Wired, 51M Exec,
312M File, 904K Free
Swap: 1024M Total, 1024M Free

bash-3.00$ java

bash-3.00$ java -Xmx32m
Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
           (to execute a class)
   or  java [-options] -jar jarfile [args...]
           (to execute a jar file)

- thanks,
prakash