NetBSD-Help archive

Re: wanted: analog to procmail's lockfile

 >>  >>Does anybody know more or less well known replacement for
 >>  >>"lockfile" utility shipped with procmail?
 >>  >>
 >>  >>I'd prefer standalone utility that is distributed without so
 >>  >>heavy baggage.
 >>
 >>> shlock?
 >>
 >> Unfortunately shlock cannot WAIT until lockfile is freed :-(
 >>
 >>    while ! shlock ...; do
 >>       sleep xxx;
 >>    done
 >>
 >> looks ugly
 >>

> what about setlock in daemontools.

WARNING: daemontools-0.76nb1 may not be put on a CD-ROM:
WARNING: modified source and binaries may not be distributed
WARNING: daemontools-0.76nb1 may not be made available through FTP:
WARNING: modified source and binaries may not be distributed

Also running child process doesn't look good.
shlock's way suits my needs better.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.